Thursday, June 25, 2009

New ingredients and dishes

It's been a while since I played with some new ideas in the kitchen. After a slow start to the year, things have ramped up to be as busy as I would want. Which of course leaves little time to come up with new dishes. Well after a week of studying some of my favorite blogs, I have come up with some ideas I would like to explore. From Playing with fire and water I found freeze dried corn bars. These would be unbelievablel as a base to pulled pork (I know summer and BBQ really taints my brain). Cut into small circles wrapped with pancetta and topped with some twice cooked pulled pork. MMMMM. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.
From Chadzilla I foud his idea on Sour cream fluff had lots of potential again as a base to a canape. I was thinking of a flavored smoked salmon (using the smoking gun) could be topped over the fluff with a grating of frozen jalapeno. This one seems a little more experimental but we shall see.
I hope to have some time this afternoon to work on these. We shall see.

No comments: