Tuesday, September 25, 2007

salmon tataki


Well, the avocado vase was just not as good an idea in practice as it was in theory. If anyone else has done something resembling a vase made from avocado mash that is frozen and cut to size, please let me know. In the end I had made some sushi rice for another use and just made a mold of it and hollowed out the center. Sauteed and cooled down. The salmon tataki came off well, especially with the jalapeno salsa. Some balsamic and wasabi reduction finishes the dish.

Jalapeno salsa
100 gr. finely chopped jalapeno ( I used red and green)
50 gr finely chopped shallot
1 tbsp+ 1 tsp chilli oil ( I used one that I infused with Indonesian long peppers)
4 tbsp lime
2 tbsp cilantro chopped
1 tsp smoked sea salt

And please anyone who has successfully molded avocado please share....

No comments: