Monday, November 30, 2009

New Arrivals

With the cost of shipping across the US border. Buying some of the products we use to achieve the textures and finshed products we have on our menu, gets very expensive. DC Duby, the pastr chefs extraordinaire of BC have a line of products that they sell. So having found them I acquired some of their wares.

First thoughts are: Great a Canadian company selling some of the stuff I crave. But unfortunately the sizes are pretty small and the line is limited. That means I still have to order from the States where I can get the stuff I need in sizes that make more sense.

I have not had sodium alginate or calcium gluconate for quite some time in the kitchen. So this seemed like a great time to buy some. We will have to see what fun stuff I can make from these. In fact instead of some of my ow creations (which undoubtably we will do) I have been waiting for calcium gluconate for a while so I can make some of the stuff from Heston Blumenthals book.

Well next down day in the kitchen looks to be a fun one for sure.
Cheers.

No comments: