Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cook Books


I find that I have been buying alot of great cookbooks lately and that I haven't shared any. At Chapters the other day I started going through a cookbook after cookbook looking for some neat idea to try. It was then that I found David Adjey's cookbook De/constructing the dish. I wasn't going to even read it because of the sticker "As seen on Food Network". I am glad I let that slip, because there were some great ideas. He does a swordfish (annatto seed rub) that has the fillet cut thinly and laid out on 2 layers. The way it sits on the plate I see it as a free form concept ravioli. He also makes a lobster corndog. I like the corndog for all kinds of tasty ideas. Good price for the amount of ideas contained. Visit his blog as well. I just went and was surprised by the amount of info.
Enjoy

No comments: