Saturday, December 29, 2007

A couple of nice bottles


I had the pleasure of opening these two bottles the other night for dinner. I was especially surprised with the Ontario Riesling. Although the LCBO lists this one as extra dry, I found it quite sweet, although not cloyingly so. Really nice color and balance on the tongue. And the fruit although forward was not overpowering. An almost mineral effervescence at the end. Really nice and at less than $30.00 I will definitely purchase again.
The Alion "cosecho" was also quite delicious. I am not really familiar with high quality Spanish wines, but this one sure piqued my interest in them. The tannins in this wine were nothing short of lush. I really enjoyed each sip. I am still teaching myself about wine tasting and appreciation, and my review of this wine is shoddy at best. But I can say that I would buy again, but at the price it would be for a very special evening.

Do something nice for yourself and go out buy a couple of nice wines, make a nice meal for someone you love and enjoy.
Cheers

No comments: